I will be creating a free educational series to teach YOU about the basics of investing your money and how to get started no matter if you have an initial investment of $1,000, $10,000, or more. You could even call this an Investing 101 course. The topics will be relevant to everybody who has just started working or is in the prime of their working lives. I may give specific examples that may be more relevant to Delayed Earners such as physicians and other post-graduate school individuals.
Listed below are the topic headlines that I plan to discuss. As they are written, the links to them will be provided:
- Before You Start Investing, You Should Create An Emergency Fund
- Why Should You Start Investing Immediately? The Magic Of Compound Interest
- What Can You Buy? All About The Various Asset Classes
- What Are All These Account Types? 401(k), 403(b), 401(a), 457, IRA, Roth
- What Is An Asset Allocation?
- Setting Goals For Your Various Portfolios - Your Timeline Dictates Your Asset Allocation
- Should You Buy Individual Stocks, Mutual Funds, Or Index Funds?
- Fees To Watch Out For With Index Fund Investing
- How Do You Get Started Investing With $X Amount?
If you have any suggestions for additional topics, or general comments on this series, please leave a comment below!